Riley's Diagnosis

Riley James Faiai is my 2 year old son who was born with Craniosynostosis and probable Pfeiffer syndrome. When he was 5 months old, Riley had surgery to reconstruct his skull. This blog is the journal, story, and timeline that has helped me put Riley's Journey into words. Browse around the archives and feel free to contact me for more info or support! -Lauren (lfaiai@gmail.com)

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Followup Appointment


If you haven't figured it out, I LOVE comparing pictures of Riley before and after his surgery! I'm so proud of my boy and thankful for all of the many wonderful doctors he's seen in this first year of his life.

On Tuesday, September 18th, I'm taking Riley to L.A. for his first follow up appointment since his surgery 9 months ago. The doctor should be able to tell us whether or not Riley will need more surgeries in the future. Steve and I are very pleased with Riley's progress both developmentally and physically.

Here's a list of what I'll be praying for on my drive to Los Angeles on Tuesday. Your prayers are very desired and appreciated!

1. Pray that Riley is healthy for his appointment.

2. Pray for a very thorough assessment of Riley's progress since surgery.

3. Pray that Riley wouldn't need anymore surgeries.

4. Pray that if he DOES need another surgery, it would be soon. Not when he's older.

Our God is so faithful!
Thank you for praying. I'll update after the appointment.

No comments: