Riley's Diagnosis

Riley James Faiai is my 2 year old son who was born with Craniosynostosis and probable Pfeiffer syndrome. When he was 5 months old, Riley had surgery to reconstruct his skull. This blog is the journal, story, and timeline that has helped me put Riley's Journey into words. Browse around the archives and feel free to contact me for more info or support! -Lauren (lfaiai@gmail.com)

Tuesday, July 24, 2007


One year ago today, Riley James Faiai entered this world. As we welcomed him, he in turn welcomed us into a brand new life that would make our family stronger, more loving and more dependent on God than ever before. If learning how to keep my insanity while raising two boys (22 months apart) wasn't enough...Riley's health definitely kept us on our toes throughout the year he's been here! Riley has shown me perseverance, trust, and hope in depths that I've NEVER experienced before. He has grown me and stretched me in countless ways. As I try my hardest to keep him sweet and little, I am humbled at the fact that God created Riley to do something amazing with his life. I am so honored to be his mommy, and I truly believe he's going to do something for this world that is going to blow my mind.

On your 1st birthday, Riley James, I pray that in your years to come you'd live your life with passionate longing in everything you do.

I love you so much.
- Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats all it takes Homey. confidence in in what god handed you in Riley ....and the amazing things he has for all of us in the future.

Dad

Kara said...

With a mommy and daddy like you guys he is bound to grow up with a great passion for the Lord that is for sure!

Sarah said...

What a journey you have all had!! :) God is doing amazing things.... :)

TK said...

What a year you have had. I'm hoping this second year is a little easier at least before he heads into the two's. Judging from my household though I would say hang on it continues to be a wild ride.

It's amazing and overwhelming to think of the responsibility we have as parents even at this young age in helping instill so many things in them.

Riley is a treasure and I agree with you about doing something big in this world. Love you guys.