Riley's Diagnosis

Riley James Faiai is my 2 year old son who was born with Craniosynostosis and probable Pfeiffer syndrome. When he was 5 months old, Riley had surgery to reconstruct his skull. This blog is the journal, story, and timeline that has helped me put Riley's Journey into words. Browse around the archives and feel free to contact me for more info or support! -Lauren (lfaiai@gmail.com)

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update 11.15.07

As you may have read on my family blog, the other cause, we've been in the process of relocating our family to Raleigh, North Carolina. We'll be completely moved by the first week of January 2008. In the midst of a big move, Riley is really growing into his own little personality. He's definitely a loverboy...He loves kisses. Especially from Emmie Kate!

(cute pictures from my terrible camera phone - Sorry.)

Most recently, The La Mesa/Spring Valley School District has provided us with a teacher who personally comes to our home each week to work with Riley. We've been really blessed by a great teacher named, Karen. She has a REALLY cool story about how she started teaching deaf and hearing impaired students. I really couldn't have asked for a better person to help in Riley's situation. Karen has really inspired me to work with Riley in new and different ways to improve his language and motor skills. With just three weeks of her help, Riley is already able to point to his nose, objects in books, and he's getting much better at stacking blocks! I am so encouraged by Riley's continued progress, and even though we have a LONG way to go, I'm so anxious and excited to see what God is going to do in this little boy's life!!!

1 comment:

TK said...

Awesome Lauren! I don't think his girlfriend can do any of those things you mentioned. Although she can point to anything you ask on her BABY DOLL. He might want to get over her though because she has quite the attitude. She is currently running around the house screaming because I won't let her have anymore juice.

Sounds like Karen is a God send.